Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Wiki so far

So far, I've been mostly reading the wiki blog. There are quite a few categories in the main webpage and each one contains a lot of rather interesting information! This is possible because of all our cultural differences and background diversities. Each and everyone one of us are able to contribute something personal and interesting to us, making this immersive project a collaborative and collective one.

I've contributed to the Gaming section, as that draws my personal attention. Being a hardcore gamer, my enthusiasm lies with video games of all types. I like the general formatting of the wiki page; it is simple and clean, much like Wikipedia. It also includes interesting background information about how modern video gaming came to be, such as history of major gaming companies, motivations and gaming development.

I've added information as well as fixed some grammatical error to Gaming- [Nexon NX] and [Global Offensive] subsections. So far, I've been researching more on gaming company historical backgrounds. I would like to contribute more on the Gaming section, specifically gaming companies Bethesda, Square Enix, and Capcom. Some big named games that deserve a highlight on the wiki also include the Pokemon franchise, Jagex's Runescape. And some personal favorites I might add are Dragon Nest by Nexon, Tera by EnMasse, Blizzard's original Warcraft series, Nintendo's Legend of Zelda franchise, Square Enix's Final Fantasy franchise, Bethesda's Elder Scrolls saga, and Capcom's Street Fighter & MvC sagas. Osu! Touhou, and classics such as Tetris and PacMan also bring back nostalgic reminiscence!

No comments:

Post a Comment