Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Creativity and New Media

I created an animated GIF - a short three second image of nonstop repetition as my example of how new media fosters creativity. This short animation depicts me in the background with a supernatural power to warp and phase objects into and out of existence. I used the new media technologies known as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash to tie and edit images together as well as create motion tweens or moving parts. My inspiration of this came from watching "Naruto," well regarded as a top anime, in which a character by the name of Kakashi, yields a similar ability.






1 comment:

  1. I think this is awesome! I am an active tweeter and I see these all the time and I always wanted to know who makes them. To be able to use two complex applications just to make an animation of 3 seconds is inspiring. This is a great example of new media fostering creativity, especially since it's a talent greatly neglected.

    ReplyDelete